Reach Out To Partners And Start Hiring Staff
Contact potential exhibitors and speakers.
Pitch your virtual career fair to employers, recruitment agencies, as well as any experts or guest speakers well in advance. Tell them exactly how they can benefit and contribute, detailing the expected audience profile, the objectives of the event, and how it will be structured and managed.
It is a good idea to approach them after you’ve developed your strategies, plans, and timelines so that they know they’re dealing with meticulous organizers. You can contact these partners via email, social media, or phone.
Recruit event staff.
Once your partners and contributors have confirmed their participation in the event, you’ll have an idea of the staff you’ll need to hire. You may want to hire content creators, people who can manually sift through resumes, chatroom moderators, and more.
Develop a marketing plan.
Define how you will market your event, identifying which channels you will use, the type of content and materials you will need, and how users can sign up for the event. Depending on the size of your virtual career fair, you may want to hire someone to take care of the marketing requirements.
Job boards, email, and social media are great channels you can use to market your virtual career fair.
Start promoting the event.
The Virtual Career Fair On Handshake
Virtual career fairs on Handshake provide a next-generation engagement experience for schools, students, and employers.
In March 2020, we refocused our product roadmap to develop features that would help our higher ed partners succeed in a virtual environment. As a major mechanism for facilitating student-employer engagement and driving career center revenue, we knew that building virtual career fair features was key.
We spent the spring conducting extensive research with our higher ed partners, students, and employers to determine how we could maintain the value of in-person fairs while redefining the experience in a virtual setting.
Our virtual career fair features will deliver a personal, efficient experience for students and employers while allowing schools to promote, administer, and report on the fair in one place for free this fall.
What Are The Best Virtual Career Fair Platforms
The best virtual career fair software solutions are:
- Talentspace: Live-like features and robust analytics
- Brazen: A leader in virtual career fairs
- VidCruiter: A leader in all sorts of video interviews
- XOR: Powerful AI features
- Paradox: Quick and easy events
- Premier Virtual: Easy to set up virtual career fairs
- GR8 People: Built-in talent CRM
- Hopin: Events-focused vendorâ
Don’t Miss: Career Technology Center Cape Girardeau Mo
Our Criteria: How We Chose The Best Vendors
We take our research seriously and want to make sure we are presenting our readers with the very best solutions in a given software category. Here’s how we select vendors to be in our buyer guides:
- Product: We want to have a deep understanding of a vendor’s product before recommending it. This usually means getting a demo by a senior executive , and/or using the product ourselves to make sure it has a solid UI, intuitive workflows, and the features to make it a best in class offering.
- User feedback: We do our best to understand what users say when they experience this product. User input allows us to accomplish a more thorough due diligence of products, put new vendors on our radar, and generally make sure we are presenting the right products to our readers.
- Financial metrics: We are very much finance nerds and so use a product’s retention rates, growth, profitability, and scale to understand whether or not it is truly best in class.
- Best for a use case: Sometimes the best solution is the cheapest, the best tool for international companies, or the best for startups. We try to include a diversity of solutions so that our readers can find the tool that is best for what they need.
Here‘s more detail if you want to read further on how we research vendors.
Enable Organizers To Deliver An Exceptional Event
Recruiters donât need to be technology experts to use Hopin. Hopin has the flexibility and scalability required to make your next career fair the best yet â without coding or technical expertise.
- Build a custom event with multiple areas and unique content â including keynotes, sessions, booths, networking, etc
- Create different ticket types for recruiters, sponsors and job seekers and create VIP and exclusive event rooms for specific ticket holders
- Leverage analytics to understand attendee behavior and analyze key metrics
- Get tutorials, 24/7 support and white glove service to ensure the event is a success
You May Like: Career Counselor For Working Professionals
Why Host A Virtual Career Fair
As the Covid-19 pandemic continues to reshape talent acquisition processes, we are increasingly turning to digital hiring solutions. As remote interviews and remote jobs become commonplace, more job applicants are seeking safer ways to connect with potential employers. At least for the foreseeable future, virtual career fairs seem unavoidable.
Reduced costs are just one of the benefits of a virtual career fair. Before organizing your first virtual career fair, take a look at the pros and cons in our table below.
Engage Attendees With Recruiters Through Live Webinar
Engage the candidate base in informative and interactive webinars with keynote speakers. You can set up pre-recorded, semi-live, or live webinar sessions to educate fresh graduates on their career paths. Also, on-demand webinar sessions are hosted for candidates to catch up on the event.
- Create personalized webinars to showcase your employers brand
- Engage attendees in live 1:1 or group chat
- Host Q/A sessions to attend to attendee queries
Recommended Reading: Career Change To Cyber Security
Meaningful Connections Between Students And Employers Virtually
In-person career fairs give students the opportunity to learn about new companies and make face-to-face connections with recruiters.
At a Handshake virtual career fair, students can learn about employers and share their profile in intimate group sessions or get 1:1 facetime with recruitersall from their browser or Handshakes mobile app. Each employer will be able to schedule the following during each virtual career fair:
- Five 30-minute group meetings that accommodate up to 50 students each. Multiple recruiters can attend, talk with students, and share their screen.
- 10-minute 1:1 meetings with students hosted by up to 15 recruiters. Each recruiter can set their own schedule and choose qualifications students must meet to attend.
Employers will be able to see profiles and public resumes, as well as message the students they engage at the fair, making it easy to prepare for and follow up on all of their sessions. You can read more about the employer scheduling process here.
Students and employers will have access to video, audio, and text-based chat during these meetings, enabling the personal connection of in-person fairs in a virtual, accessible setting.
Brazen Virtual Career Fair Platform
Brazen is the most experienced vendor in the world of virtual career fairs. Founded in 2007, Brazen offers a wide range of tools to help employers, universities, and organizations connect virtually, including single-company virtual hiring events, multi-company virtual career fairs, video interviewing, live video broadcasts, QuickChat, recruiting chatbots, and of course a top-rated virtual career fair platform and hybrid event solution.
Brazen is consistently recognized as a top vendor in the virtual event space by Capterra, G2 and Select Software, based on customer reviews. Brazen deeply understands the challenges of employers looking to hire qualified candidates in this virtual world or universities looking to help their graduating students find that next best career. Companies like Spectrum, CVS Health, Northrop Grumman, and Walgreens, and top Universities like USC, NYU, Temple, Carnegie Mellon and a whole lot more host virtual career fairs regularly on Brazens platform and users report that the tools are very easy to use and user friendly.
In other reviews, users tout the cost and time savings in their hiring process. Heres an example from G2Crowd: Our sourcers loved the ease of use for the tool and the ability to chat with multiple candidates at once, it not only made things much more efficient in the long run, but it saved them tremendous amounts of time by funneling in a large of candidates for recruiters in a short amount of time.
Also Check: Is Career Counseling Worth It
Pitfalls To Avoid When Using A Virtual Career Fair Platform
While virtual career fairs can be a great way for employers and organizations to engage job seekers, there are ways of screwing these up. Here are some pitfalls to make sure you avoid:
- Too many booths: Ever go to a trade show and there are hundreds of booths? Itâs hard to navigate, overwhelming, and sometimes you just want to leave. Itâs the same for virtual events, especially if candidates are accessing yours on mobile. Make sure you have a manageable number of booths, probably less than 50.
- Staff it right: If you donât have enough recruiters/employees to talk to job seekers, then itâs going to lead to an awful candidate experience. Make sure candidate wait time stays low, ideally less than 5 minutes.
- Follow Up: Your organization needs to have a way to get candidates into your ATS, and quickly follow up to make sure they are moving forward in the interview process. Thereâs nothing worse than waiting two weeks after a job fair to hear back.
Engagement That Makes Your Hiring Easy
- Let the right talent find you through keywords and advanced search filters.
- Directly chat with hiring managersin 1-1 meetings and breakout rooms. Connect & engage on one of the worlds most secure online career fair platforms.
- Companies can schedule instant video calls for interviewing the right candidates. One of the best virtual career fair platforms features that drives engagement and makes you hire on the spot.
- Companies can display their information, brochures, current job openings, videos & presentationson the 3D booth.
- Quickly find the right match for your requirement, schedule 1-1 interviews & meetings with interesting profiles throughour built-in meeting scheduler.
- Engage your sponsors with the best activities. Get sponsored posts, branding opportunities, sessions and email marketing at sponsors zone. Our well-planned engagement strategies can attract more new sponsors to your career fair.
Read Also: How Do I Start An Acting Career
Promote Your Virtual Fairs From Your Own Website
- Carry out registrations from your own website. With just a small piece of code embedded, you can turn your website into a stunning virtual career fair platform.
- Promote career opportunities & organizations in our 3D, 360° interactive booths.
- Start promotions one month early on our platform. Release offers, coupons & bookings in advance.
- Promote your career fairs virtually through social media.
What Are The Use Cases For Virtual Career Fairs
- Companies: Businesses can engage a wide range of talent
- Employment agencies: Recruiting firms benefit from large population of job seekers, giving them lots of 1:1 time with candidates allowing for quick vetting
- Organizations hosting jobs fairs: Universities and professional groups who do career fairs in person will benefit from hosting similar events online
- Job Seekers: job seekers can find multiple different networking opportunities and even perhaps find their next position
- Ad Hoc Recruiting Events: In person events require a lot of overhead, while virtual events require much less time and effort to put together and often achieve similar resultsâ
- Pre-Employment Testing: Great way for job seekers and recruitment teams to understand if thereâs a fit before moving someone into the hiring pipeline
Also Check: Best Mba For Consulting Career
Best Virtual Career Fair Platforms
The best virtual event platforms for recruiting along with our in depth advice
COVID-19 has changed the way companies hire, perhaps permanently. Many companies have converted their in-person recruitment efforts to virtual events, including career fairs. Take a look at the following stats:
- Under normal circumstances, virtual career fairs have an average participation rate of 50%, but this figure has increased to as high as 90% since COVID-19. â
- 45% of employers are using virtual hiring events more since the onset of the pandemic.
- Due to the pandemic, experts predict that 80% of recruiting will remain virtual for the foreseeable future.
Because of such shift, virtual career fair platforms have become indispensable to talent acquisition teams. Not only are these platforms a great way for companies to continue hiring during COVID-19, but they also expedite the hiring process while keeping recruitment costs low.
In this guide, weâll dive into the best online career fair platforms, along with best practices for running a virtual career fair, pitfalls, and much more.
We spend hundreds of hours researching the best HR and recruiting software so you donât have to. We never take money from vendors during our research phase and rely heavily on practitioners and experts to help us recommend the right software. However we may earn a fee if you click on vendor links on this page.
How To Choose Best Virtual Career Fair Platforms
A reliable virtual career fair platform should be easy to use, and be able to accommodate job seekers from across the globe. Some vendors provide custom booths, staff avatars, and other features to make the process of exchanging information as easy as possible. Tabs leading to company job boards and downloadable content should be easily accessible, and the platform should allow users to browse easily. A titled space should also allow job seekers to navigate and find the information they need.
When selecting the best virtual career fair platform, be sure to evaluate features and pricing. Different platforms offer different features and prices. Consider whether you are hosting a one-employer career fair or a multi-company job site. While some may have similar functions, others may offer more features and price ranges. Choosing the right platform can help you meet your goals and save time and money. It is also worth considering the level of support provided by a virtual career fair provider.
When choosing a virtual career fair platform, be sure to choose one with user-friendly navigation. You should not have trouble setting up and using it even if you arent familiar with technology. You can find a lot of useful information on Google by searching for virtual career fair platforms or typing in virtual career fair in the search box. Then, choose a platform that matches your needs and budget.
Recommended Reading: Mid Life Career Change Options
Interactive 3d Exhibition Booths For Your Online Career Fairs
- Extremely interactive 3D, 360° booth models that makes the hiring process simpler and interesting. One of the best virtual career fair platform features not to miss.
- Brand Your Space with exclusive logos, posters and videos
- On the booth, job seekers can view and download representative/hiring manager business cards to get contact details& for post-event interactions.
Attract Candidates From Any Location With An Amazing Virtual Career Fair
Communique Conferencings award winning virtual career fair platform functions like a traditional in-person recruiting fair translating exhibit halls, booths, chat, presentations and recruiter interaction into a fully customizable 3D virtual environment. Candidates can join from any computer or mobile device.
Don’t Miss: Administration Of Justice Career Options
What To Look For In A Virtual Career Fair Platform
- Designed for recruiters specifically not just generic virtual events.
- Feature-rich, but intuitive and easy-to-use interface.
- Transparent about pricing and features you shouldnt need to request a demo to find out how much a platform costs to use.
- Suited to any recruitment team, including in-house recruiters, staffing agencies, and recruitment firms.
- Easy to promote and scale your virtual hiring events. A career fair is only as good as the candidates who join, so you need a partner with extensive recruitment marketing experience.
How To Plan A Virtual Career Fair
Virtual career fairs, or virtual job fairs, are events where graduates and job seekers can interact with recruiters or directly with potential employers. Because everything happens online, attendees can visit booths, ask questions, gather information, and build networks from the comfort of their homes.
- Completely free trial, no card required.
- Reach over 250 million candidates.
You May Like: Social Media Marketing Career Path
Empower Employers To Recruit More Effectively
Hiring takes vast amounts of time, resources, and money. With Hopin, recruiters can widen the application pool to more efficiently reach talented candidates.
- Design booths with custom branding, videos and downloadable resources
- Host informational sessions with live Q& A
- Communicate with candidates in open chat rooms or set up one-on-one chats
- Follow up with job seekers after the career fair
Get The Virtual Career Fair Ready
Set up attractive virtual booths.
Much like traditional career fairs, virtual career fairs have booths where job seekers can obtain information, interact with employees and recruiters, and network with other interested applicants.
The features of your booths will depend on the type of virtual career fair platform you’re using and, to a certain extent, the type of careers being showcased. Colorful, branded booths that are easy to navigate will probably get more attention.
Set up additional spaces and features.
Depending on the scope of your virtual career fair, you may also want to create additional spaces, such as meeting rooms for in-depth interviews, and set up features such as videos, info packets, virtual tours, and live streams of guest speakers.
You May Like: Student Loans For Career Training
Benefits Of Hosting Virtual Career Fairs
A virtual career fair has various hidden benefits for organizations wanting to hire the best candidates.
- Helps reach global talent outside of your region
- Cost-effective solution, eliminating expenses for travelling, food, and venues
- Fully customizable environment allows you to represent your company culture and replicate the physical office.
- Live reports on audience turnout, attendee activities, and ROIs
- Event is accessible on tablets, laptops and other mobile devices
The Top 10 Virtual Career Fair Platforms In Comparison
Are you overwhelmed with the search for the perfect virtual career fair platform? You are not alone. Virtual hiring events are a great way to connect with and hire from large groups of talent. But to cover your grounds as an organizer, it’s wise to l…
Are you overwhelmed with the search for the perfect virtual career fair platform?
You are not alone.
Virtual hiring events are a great way to connect with and hire from large groups of talent. But to cover your grounds as an organizer, it’s wise to look for a virtual career fair platform that can offer the best brand experience for your candidates.
We often get this question from our clients: “There are hundreds of different event platforms on the internet, how do I choose one thats right for us?”
Career events can be a big administrative burden, so it is even more important to find an event platform that offers all the features for your virtual events. The goal is for the event platform to minimise your organisational burden and its features to provide a great event experience for all participants.
So we have decided to make our research public for you.
Here is a list of the top 10 virtual career fair platforms that are often considered by our customers in their search for the right events solution.
We will share the feature highlights of each as well as rate their perceived user experience. To save you time, we will also explain how each platform works and what types of users they are most suitable for.
Read Also: Cherokee County Career Tech Center